Martes, Abril 10, 2012

Puregon up close and personal...


I went to my OB gyne yesterday and was given a Puregon shot. I also bought the kit which contained 5 needles and 250IU of Puregon, it's safely packed in an ice filled lunch box type container.  I can't believe I'll be injecting myself with this. It looks easy, I was taught how to and my doctor was very patient in answering all my questions. She said, she'll gladly do the injection herself but I need to travel everyday to the hospital and it's going to be expensive and tiring. She instructed me to place the kit inside the refrigerator and inject myself with 50IU every day. Timing is also important, I need to inject myself the same time every day.



I did a lot of research and found out that Puregon is Follistim in other countries. It also has a high success rate compared to Clomid. The alarming thing that I read though is the high rate of ectopic pregnancy from using it and I only have one patent tube so I'm hoping I won't end up losing both.  I wrote down all the instructions given to me by my Doctor but just in case I'll forget I found this helpful website with a step by step instruction on how to inject oneself with Puregon. Here's the link: http://www.ivfworldwide.com/Education/instructions-to-inject-of-puregon.html. I am hoping I'll be able to produce good quality eggs this cycle. I'm also helping myself lose weight. I'm not eating rice, pasta or bread at night and I'm exercising 30 minutes every day. Hopefully all these will help me achieve my much awaited BFP.

Unfortunately my hubby wasn't able to have his SA last weekend, the clinic was closed when we went there. It sucks because I called them days before to inquire if they will be open and they said yes. I wish his count and motility increased, we need at least 10million motile sperm to raise our chance of success with IUI. I'm quite excited about the procedure next week, I'm trying not to get too excited though.

Until my next post, I'll keep you guys updated.




1 komento: